Friday, November 16, 2007

A Day in the Life.

A fairly typical Wednesday. I'll give you the short version.

Wake at the apartment above #1 about 6:30 a.m.. Read e-mails and surf the usual web sites. Head into work at #2 at 9:00. Prep soup, specials and help with the line set-up. Get into the office before lunch to organize the days office work. Assist with lunch then pay some bills and deal with any issues pertaining to #2. If any baking needs to be done I'll take care of that right after lunch. I've been training the guys to bake so I haven't been doing as much lately. (thank God) I'll head back to #1 as soon as possible. Meet with my wife and talk about current issues with either restaurant. Get into the kitchen between 3:00 and 4:00 and take care of specials, soup and if I have the time any personnel problems. I'll expedite during dinner and generally keep an eye on things throughout the evening. Hopefully my wife and I will have time to sit and relax and have dinner before closing. Head up to the apartment between 9:30 and 10:00.

Not a bad day if everyone shows up for work, don't run out of product, equipment doesn't break down, or have appointments to deal with. Not alot of time for misc. bullshit.

No comments: